But the relentless prohibitionists and Constitution-deniers sure did show up in force this day, 4/23/2019, in opposition to HB481, "relative to the legalization and regulation of cannabis and making appropriations therefor," before the NH Senate Judiciary Committee. They recruited much out-of-state talent in their quest to continue violating your rights over your own body. Non-masochists might just want to skip to MPP's New England Political Director Matt Simon at about 1:53:00. We did have confirmed for us that NJ still really sucks. Gosh, you make it all sound so enticing, Bishop, but you should go home and work to alleviate your domestic afflictions, rather than attempting to convert NH.
The "good" news is that they just couldn't fit all the authoritarians into one session, so the hearing's been recessed until May 7th at 9am. So there's still an opportunity for you to explain it to them...
- Opponents to N.H. marijuana legalization show up in force at hearing
- Pot prohibition supporters dominate Senate hearing on recreational cannabis for adults | State | unionleader.com
- NH Senate considers bill to legalize marijuana
- Reefer Madness (1936) - YouTube
- Channeling Anslinger: Cracks in a Crackpot Book About Pot | Project CBD
- 21st Century Reefer Madness | Psychiatric Times
- Sources Cited By Legalization Opponents Lack Credibility
Update: I couldn't (bring myself to) make it to Round 2. Probably just as well for my mental health. If you didn't either, here's what you missed...
- Former U.S. drug czar urges lawmakers to reject legal marijuana | State | unionleader.com
- Former drug czar speaks out against marijuana legalization in NH