But despite Part First Articles 2 and 22 of the NH Constitution -- they cover "equal protection" and "free speech" -- only a female nipple, mind you, is the object of this, um, heightened scrutiny. Male nipples would still be a-ok -- just since the '30s, though, 'cuz that's allowed to change over time (and even if he's taking hormones to enlarge his breasts, well, as long as he has a penis -- even if you can't see it, can't know that -- there's no problem). But nothing now can change anymore. Societal norms should henceforth be frozen in time. It's for the children, y'see -- who nevertheless see a lot of nipples very early in life, and don't seem traumatized at all -- until they're trained to be. Oh, the humanity...
HB1525-FN, "relative to the circumstances that constitute indecent exposure and lewdness," before your buds and mine, the NH House Criminal Justice Committee, 2/29/2016, where you'll hear, at just a bit after the hour mark, a testifying attorney, who understands what the Constitutions protect, matter-of-factly say "fuck the draft" in a public hearing (which still doesn't warrant hysteria equivalent to that engendered by a female nipple, given the serene reaction). Because apparently there's nothing more pressing -- let alone more rights-affirming or less presumptuously patronizingly paternalistic (even from 20-year-old women with confused arguments) -- for them to be doing...
Within 24 hours, the committee had voted unanimously to 'ITL' the bill -- which is its recommendation to the full House to kill it, that degree of consensus on which is rarely ignored...
(sorry for the delay: video editor suddenly decided it wasn't going to play nice with the ancient GPU anymore...)
- Amanda Bouldin Makes Headlines Defending Topless Freedom Against Prudish Male State Reps | Free Keene
- Decorum stressed before nipple ban gets public airing | New Hampshire
- Bare-breast opponents state their case for House bill banning toplessness | New Hampshire
- ACLU of N.H.: Nipple bill may make protesters into sex offenders - Political Monitor
- Judge asked to rethink ruling on toplessness | March 2, 2016 | www.citizen.com | Laconia Citizen
- Bare-breast ban legislation nipped in bud by House panel | New Hampshire
- NH House Committee Votes 18-0 to Kill Proposed Ban on Female Toplessness! | Free Keene
- Nipple bill killed; bestiality bill amended and passed | Concord Monitor
- NH House committee opposes passage of ban on showing female nipples | NH1
- A Court Denies that Charges Against Topless Beachgoers is Gender-Based Discrimination - Hit & Run : Reason.com - 2/8/2019
- NH high court upholds women's topless conviction - 2/14/2019
- Federal Court Rejects 'For the Children' Ban on Bare-Breasted Women: Reason Roundup - Hit & Run : Reason.com - 2/22/2019
- NH 'Free the Nipple' activists ask U.S. Supreme Court to weigh in on topless sunbathing | Courts | unionleader.com - 8/20/2019