NH House Freedom Caucus
For Immediate Release
October 26, 2017
Concord – The New Hampshire House Freedom Caucus (NHHFC) will host a forum for candidates for Speaker of the House on next Thursday, November 2nd, after the House veto session. Currently, seven candidates for Speaker have confirmed for the event, which will be moderated by Rep. Len Turcotte (R-Barrington), with a panel of policy experts.
The confirmed speaker candidates are (in alphabetical order):
- Rep. Al Baldasaro (R-Londonderry)
- Rep. John Burt (R-Goffstown)
- Deputy Speaker Gene Chandler (R-Bartlett)
- Rep. Jim McConnell (R-Swanzey)
- Rep. Laurie Sanborn (R-Bedford)
- Rep. Steve Shurtleff (D-Concord)
- Rep. Steven Smith (R-Charlestown)
- Andrew Cline, Interim President, Josiah Barlett Center
- Andy Crews, President, AutoFair
- Michelle Levell, Director, School Choice for New Hampshire
- Ed Naile, Chairman, Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers
"The coming election for Speaker will have a significant impact on the state’s future, so it is critical to hear where the candidates stand on important issues facing the state. We’re thrilled to have such great participation and such a distinguished panel to help both House members and the public understand the vision of each candidate. Every candidate will get their chance to convince their colleagues to support them and the opportunity to earn their vote. This should be a very exciting forum," added Rep. Turcotte.
The New Hampshire House Freedom Caucus is a grassroots organization consisting of legislators and private citizens, who believe in personal liberty and the traditional conservative "Yankee" values that made New Hampshire a great place to live.
- State GOP candidates for Speaker call for party unity | New Hampshire
- Candidates for NH House Speaker Appear at Forum
- At forum, House Speaker candidate walks out in protest
- Candidates for House speaker appear at forum