HB1625, "relative to penalties for possession of marijuana in the amount of one ounce or less and the cultivation of marijuana plants" -- 'decrim' -- gets an animated airing before the NH House Criminal Justice Committee, 2/13/2014.
There's something that I can't quite wrap my mind around, though. The AG's lackeys have repeatedly stated in pot hearings this year that they wouldn't save any money were pot penalties lessened or even eradicated. They say they'd just re-purpose the time and money to other prosecutions, particularly, they note, heroin. So... Currently they're prioritizing marijuana prosecution over heroin...?
- Gov. Hassan says she smoked marijuana while in college | New Hampshire Politics
- Legalizing pot: The time draws near - Fosters.com
- New Hampshire: Gas Tax and Pot | TaxRates.com
- High on Hypocrisy – Governor Maggie Hassan: Drug User, Drug Warrior | Ben Swann Truth In Media
- NH INSIDER- Your Source for NH Politics - Rep Steve Vaillancourt - Spice, Not Marijuana, Is The Real Problem For Poor People
- At statehouse hearing, New Hampshire marijuana law imposing jail time for possession called a dinosaur - NashuaTelegraph.com
- Opponents of marijuana decriminalization in N.H. face tough questions | Concord Monitor