Thursday, February 3, 2011

NH House Leadership Addresses State Budget

I braved the increasingly unacceptable Concord parking situation (only made worse by the snow) this day, 2/3/2011, to record the Republican-dominated NH House Criminal Justice Committee's scheduled Executive Session (to finalize its recommendation to the entire body) for HB145: "permitting the audio and video recording of any public official while in the course of his or her official duties" -- you know, the bill that's faithful to the GOP's own platform -- only to learn it was already preordained for a study committee where, presumably, it can be quietly separated from its teeth.

On the way out, I ran into this press conference by House leadership on the state of this biennium's nascent budget process. I'm reminded of a quote the intended meaning of which I've never considered I fully understood: "Hope is like a dose of spiritual clap." We shall see...



No comments:

Post a Comment