The latest attempted expansion on that theme in NH, SB244, "requiring the names of certain persons to be reported to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System Index," had its initial public hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, 1/14/2014.
- Lawmakers consider bill that would limit gun purchases by mentally ill | Politics - WMUR Home
- Background Check 'Compromise' Draws Fire From All Sides | New Hampshire Public Radio
- SB 244 is Anti Second Amendment at its worst
- Gun groups, mental health advocates divided over gun bill requiring mental health checks | Concord Monitor
- Gun rights groups taking aim at SB 244 | New Hampshire State House Dome