Even the 2 trigger-pullers' names haven't been released yet. Officially, that is... Allow me to repeat that. After two thirds of a year, the shooters are still unnamed. And they're still prowling the streets of Weare, armed, with a legal license to kill. Would any "mere civilian" have been offered such legal deference after taking a life? And if -- and this is a mighty massive "if" -- the AG's report actually finally finds no alternative but to rule homicide, would the other 3 (officially) involved in that night's violent rogue activities avoid legal culpability were they not wearing badges? I have my suspicions...
Find plenty of links to mainstream press coverage of the incident and the aftermath, interspersed with just run-of-the-mill WPD corruption and thuggery here.
- No charges in Weare officer-involved shooting | Local News - WMUR Home (4/23/2014)
- Weare officer won't face charges in fatal shooting | New Hampshire Public Safety (4/23/2014)
- Weare shooting report critical of police, but clears shooter from criminal charges | Concord Monitor (4/24/2014)
- Official: Investigations into shootings by police aren't rushed | New Hampshire Public Safety (5/3/2014)
- What happens when police force turns deadly? | New Hampshire Public Safety (5/3/2014)
- Further review and talks show lingering questions in Weare shooting | Concord Monitor (5/8/2014)
- Weare pays $300,000 to family of man killed in August shooting | Concord Monitor (6/21/2014)
- Weare police shooting settlement a surprise - Top News - InsuranceNewsNet.com (6/24/2014)
- Police body cams: The time has come | New Hampshire (4/11/2015)